Thursday, May 31, 2007

Shadowrun and Halo 2 for Vista

So, I bought Halo 2 last week, and Shadowrun this week. I can't play either game online, because Microsoft's Games for Windows - LIVE! service doesn't want me to connect. A GFWL engineer is taking my info via email today to try to solve my issue, but I'm a bit dissapointed that I can't really play either game online, and that half of my LIVE gold free trial is over without me ever having logged in.

Shadowrun seem cool, from the little bit I played of the training levels. People the 'net over are bitching about how loose the mouse controls are, but they really don't seem all that bad. Maybe they suck if you are used to Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament levels of accuracy, but they seem pretty much like a lot of other FPS games I have played. The more you move, the less accurate you are. Plus, it's Shadowrun! I have been waiting for another Shadowrun video game forever. I loved the pen and paper RPG when I was a teenager. Not to mention the magic and technology stuff really seems to add another cool level to the combat.

So, anyway, I guess I get to wait for Microsoft to figure out what 0x8151913 means before I can try against other players.

Halo 2 is dated, the graphics are looking kind of ugly. The game is fun in single player though, since the story is what really elevates it above generic shooter 1k. It'd be nice to get acheivemnts through LIVE though, since that was a big advertised part of the game.

I guess when it comes to Games For Windows - LIVE! I am giving it two big BLAHS for now.

No comments: