Monday, April 30, 2007

MMORPG Names - Dark

I've been playing quite a bit of Lord Of The Rings Online lately. It's a new MMORPG, and I like to try out all the new releases. Well, not all the new releases, but the decent looking ones.

While I have been playing this game, I have noticed there are people who just cannot name their characters according to the naming guidelines. I've run in to RobotFace, ImHotSizzle, ChikMagnett, and other assorted stupid names. I'm sure these people are being reported, since I rarely run in to them twice.

Then there are the people who try, but just don't know what makes a cool fantasy name.

These are the people I am writing for. I am here to give you a hint: Adding the word "dark" to another word does not make a cool fantasy name. DarkDragon, DarkKnight, DarkLight, DarkMoon, DarkDark, DarkJohn, it doesn't matter. In fact, it's not only not cool, it's downright stupid. You look like a moron.

So boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, just don't do it. The hardcore roleplayers with names like SilverLeafFalling or MoonGlide look cooler than you. Mull that over.

No comments: