Saturday, June 16, 2007

SanDisk Sansa, what a piece of crap...

So, I bought my wife an MP3 player for her birthday. It was a SanDisk Sansa 4GB. I decide don this one due to numerous positive reviews on many websites, and the fact that I refuse to buy an iPod due to the restrictions of the format. (A co-worked assures me it is easy to convert MP3s to the iPod format. I don't care, I don't want to convert something that works everywhere else just so it works on a damn iPod.)

Anyway, I got the player, gave it to my wife for her birthday, and everything was OK.

Or not.

The thing worked once. My wife plugged it in to a USB port to recharge it, and it basically got hot enough to burn me when I tried to unplug it. It also would not turn on anymore.

Newegg RMAd it for me. Goody. However, it took them 3 weeks to get me a replacement, which didn't work correctly straight out of the package. The right arrow key doesn't work at all, and the dial and middle button stick. Ok, so I try for another RMA. Nope, Newegg says it is now past the 30 day RMA period. WTF? I just got the replacement. Oh, sorry, we count the time since you purchased the original unit. Contact the manufacturer for support.

Great. So, I try to get an RMA from SanDisk. Your concern is important to us.
My ass it is. It's been over two days now and I haven't heard a thing about it. I'm starting to get very annoyed. I spent about $150 on this piece of junk, and my wife can't even use it. One unit having a problem I can handle. 2 in a row being bad? That tells me that I am having really bad luck with these, or that they are just a complete piece of garbage. It's also very annoying that Newegg could get back to me in a matter or hours, but the manufacturer can't be bothered for days.

Someone is going to eat the cost of this broken piece of junk, and it sure as hell isn't going to be me.

No comments: