Friday, June 29, 2007

Shooter

I just watched the movie Shooter with Mark Wahlberg and Danny Glover. It wasn't original, but it sure was entertaining. Marky Mark continually shows us that he is a much better actor than he was a rapper.

The basic plot is a Marine Force Recon sniper is set up so that it looks like he killed the president. He then has to find out who set him up and why, all the while shooting the crap out of the bad guys. Lots of action, and a semi-intelligent plot make this a good summer action flick.


In contrast, I watched the movie Syriana last night, and could not find one good thing to say about it. I found the plot and movie disjointed. The actors, while all good normally, had nothing to say or do in this movie. I find it hard to believe that Clooney was nominated for an award for this movie, since I think he had about 5 lines in the entire thing.

No comments: