Monday, July 2, 2007

Crysis Site Live

OFFICIAL CRYSIS WEBSITE

I'm excited about this game. Way back when Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 were being hyped beyond reality, a small company named Crytek beat them to market with a game called Far Cry. Far Cry had a little hype, but the actual game exceeded my expectations. By the time Doom 3 came out months later, I was of the opinion that Far Cry was a far better game. Half-Life 2 wasn't even better, in my book.

I think they best thing about Far Cry was that you had a goal for the level, but it was up to you to decide how to achieve it. It was far more open ended than the completely linear Doom 3. You could take a glider down to the beach, jump over the falls, or run down the mountain path to get where you were going, or completely go around the other side of the island to come up behind the enemy. And you could see for miles.

So now Crytek is set to release a game that blows away any other FPS game on the market with incredible graphics and gameplay. Yeah, I'm excited.

No comments: