Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My wife was in an accident yesterday

The suddenly icy roads caused her car to spin out of control at around 50 miles per hour. She spun in front of a tractor-trailer, and then came to rest at the guard rail on the right side of the road.

My wife is ok. She is a little bruised, but otherwise uninjured.

A state trooper decided to ticket her, after making her wait on the side of the road for two hours before he showed up. Speed inappropriate for weather conditions. Nice. Hey asshole, I know it's the end of the month and you want to make quota, but why don't you try serving and protecting instead of self-serving and projecting. Speed inappropriate? There were dozens of accidents, people lined the roads. You weren't there. How the hell would you know?

My second point of contention with officer dumbass is that he claimed that my wife was not struck by a vehicle, but rather the guard rail. Really? A guard rail scraped all the paint off the top of the spoiler? It crumpled the entire back end of the car? I hope you don't ever want to be a detective, because man are you unobservant.

Obviously I plan to fight this trumped-up ticket in court.

And they wonder why people don't like the police...

1 comment:

TheTwizz said...

Glad she's alright! And yeah, I hate cops too. If they want to give you a ticket they will find a reason, whether that reason is justified or even accurate does not seem to matter however!