Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Busy busy

I've not been posting much lately, but I've been busy, so there.

I was in Rockville, MD for a month, training for my new job. I'm home now, thanks.

I am applying for my NYS pistol license, although just to possess and use for hunting/target shooting. It's too damn expensive here to get a concealed carry permit, so I'm going to wait until we move to PA. (Or wherever.)

I just got a new stock for my Hi-Point 9mm carbine. I was so excited that I ripped the old stock off and partially assembled the new one on my lunch break. The 995 is going to be the first firearm that I feel will be finished soon. New stock is done and I have a red/green dot sight for it. All that I really want to do to it going forward is get a few more magazines and get a barrel shroud (shoulder thing that goes up!) from Morris Lekker. Then I will be done messing with it, and I can shoot it without spending more money on upgrading it. (Unless, you know, I decide to paint it...) Then it's on to the AK.

Lastly - for now, anyway - I'm waiting for my interview to work on Simutronics upcoming (someday...) MMORPG Hero's Journey. If I get the position, I would be one of the people designing magic items, NPCs, and quests. Fun!

No comments: