Monday, May 14, 2007

Lucid!

I'm not sure what I did yesterday. I'm a little foggy on the details. I had some beer, trimmed some hedges, and... Yeah. Somehow the whole day was filled, but I don't recall actually doing anything.

LUCID - After almost 100 years, Absinthe is now going to be making an appearance in US liquor stores. Well, OK, at first it's only going to show up in NYC and the Hamptons, but hopefully it will hit other markets within the year. Absinthe gained a bad reputation, but it is really only a strong liquor with a curious preparation ritual.

I'm actually very eager to try this drink now that I have been reading press releases about it. I looked up several online retailers that deliver to the US (you can't make it here, but apparently you can import it...), and it's actually cheaper to import some French Absinthe than to buy the US version. Perhaps I shall be holding an Absinthe tasting party in the near future.

BEHOLD! THE GREEN FAIRY! http://www.drinklucid.com
BEHOLD! The foreign GREEN FAIRY! http://www.absintheclassics.com/index.html

No comments: