Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

I enjoy the Harry Potter movies, as a general rule. I think the casting is spot on, and the entire cast does a tremendous job bringing the books to life. I also realize that some of Rowling's books are a bit too long to be able to include everything in a film.

Having said that, I enjoyed the newest Potter film. I do think it was a bit short for what is one of the longest books in the series so far, so it felt a bit rushed. I can only hope for an extended version in the tradition of Lord of the Rings.

Really, when you get down to it, something as dense as the last few Potter books have been would do much better as a multi-part movie or a series on HBO. Oh well, I don't think I could see anybody else doing a film version for along time. Radcliff is too ingrained in our minds as Potter now.

Per usual, John Williams did an excellent score. I like the directing in so far as what takes place on screen, but again, I wish there had been other important things included.

Things I don't like: I HATE when they change important details for the film. They maybe little things, but damn, why can't you just leave them how they are in the books?

No comments: