Monday, March 31, 2008

Neverlate Executive alarm clock by American Innovative

My wife bought me this for Christmas. (Sort of, long story.) The first one we got was nice, until the second week when the light would flicker brighter and then go completely black. There was nothing I could do to the clock to turn the light back on until it decided to turn itself back on, so as a clock, it was pretty useless.

American Innovative was nice enough to replace it for free, and they shipped one out without requiring that we return the defective one. That's great, except the replacement seems to have one brightness setting: Holy-shit-where-are-my-sunglasses? Rather than screw with it, I think I am going to just buy some dark, transparent tape and tone down the brightness a bit.

For those of you who don't want to ruin a $70 alarm clock, here is what it looks like disassembled.





No comments: