Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dell Support

We have a lot of customers that use Dell PCs for our systems. Sometimes I have to contact Dell, since all work on their PCs has to go through them, due to warranty issues.

I refuse to call them, since I always end up with someone who barely speaks English, so I use the support chat function. At least this way I am sure I will be speaking to someone with at least a basic command of the language.

Unfortunately, it does not guarantee I will be speaking with someone any smarter.

My latest call was from a customer who had a dead power supply. How do I know it's the PSU?I'm smart like that. Trust me, after years of tech support, it takes me a minute to figure out if it's the motherboard or the PSU.

So Dell, they wanted me to check out an LED light that doesn't exist on the system. Um, sorry lady, no light, because it doesn't exist.

Oh, ok, well then have the customer open the chassis and remove everything except the PSU, the motherboard, and the processor so we can determine if it is the PSU or the motherboard.

Are you f**king kidding me? You must be f**king kidding. You want me to call a busy customer and tell them to completely disassemble a PC? Not only does this customer no have time to do this, they have no idea how to do this. That's why they are calling us, and that's why I am on with you. And that's why you're going to be sending a tech to replace the PSU. Jackass.

No comments: