Thursday, April 19, 2007

Archive Footage - Comma Chameleon?

Last one, I swear. All the posts from here on out will be new ones. Probably.

Thursday, March 22, 2007
Comma Chameleon?

My boss was training the new guy today, next to my desk. He was droning out in a monotone voice the precise way to document calls with his ridiculous method of using acronyms for everything. (Which nobody else uses, naturally...Who can look up a call and quickly remember what STFGRDTD stands for? "Ma'am, I'm sorry, can you hold please? My boss is English-retarded, I need a translator...")

Anyway. So, the boss is droning out "Space, space, STCTR, space, space, comma, comma, comma" when I stick my head over the cube wall and loudly sing to the new guy "COMMA COMMA COMMA COMMA COMMA-CHAMELEON! You come and go, you come and go!" The whole office burst out laughing and my boss started sputtering, at which point I took my customer off mute and resumed my conversation.

I think they'd fire me if they could find someone to work my odd shift who knew half as much as I do about our systems.

No comments: